ILJ accepts submissions written only in English. The Journal does not do translations or provide language services of any kind. ILJ doesn’t accept translations of original articles prepared not in English. Before submitting a manuscript, authors whose native language is not English may want to get relevant editing assistance (grammar, spelling, and usage of language) from special language editing companies. Please take notice that ILJ encourages the use of gender-neutral language.
The length of the manuscript should not be less than 4000 and should not exceed 6000 words (including footnotes). ILJ will accept submissions exceeding 6000 words only in exceptional cases and that are up to discretion of the editorial board.
Authors should submit their manuscript in Microsoft Word format, double spaced (both the main text and footnotes), font Times New Roman, 12 pt. Please include:
- A title page with the title of the article and author’s contact information (postal address, phone, and email)
- A starred footnote next to the author’s name with author’s biography and acknowledgements
- 200-250 words abstract and five to ten keywords
- Text and citations should conform to THE BLUEBOOK. Please use footnotes only.
Manuscripts should be sent to the Managing Editor by e-mail at [email protected]. Please do not send a hard copy of your submission.
Submission Preparation Checklist:
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The manuscripts are accepted if it has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- The materials should be prepared in Microsoft Word format.
- Internet links are provided as a complete URL.
- The headings are consecutively numbered without automatic numbering, no headings are underlined, paragraphs are not separated by a full blank line, but only by an indent at the beginning of the new paragraph.
- Text should be typed with an interval of double line spacing, font Times New Roman, 12 pt; to highlight the accent, it is recommended to use italics rather than underlining (except Internet links). All tables are placed within the text according to the meaning of the particular part of text (and not at the end of the document).
- Footnotes are consecutively numbered by way of automatic numbering; footnotes are not separated by a full blank line; footnotes appear at the end of each page of the manuscript and not at the end of the manuscript.
- Quotations have been checked for accuracy and references comply with the style requirements.
- Text should follow the stylistic and bibliography requirements as stated in Style Sheet.
- Please, remove the authors’ names from the title of the article and other parts of the document to ensure the anonymity of reviewing.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.